The BC Craft Farmers Co-op is seeking applications from qualified candidates for our volunteer Treasurer position. This position plays a vital role in supporting our mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the bookkeeper and tax accountant
- Present monthly and annual financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Oversee and make recommendations for financial controls and services
- Initiate online banking transactions for approval by another member of the Finance Committee
- Act as a signing authority for BCCFC
- Attend board meetings
- Sit on committees that require financial oversight
Qualifications and Experience
- Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
- Knowledge of accounting processes and controls (GST, capitalization of assets, segregation of duties)
- Accounting designation (CA, CPA) is preferred but not required
- Experience working with a cooperative is preferred but not required
How to Apply
Please submit an expression of interest highlighting your qualifications and experience via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Treasurer.” This position will be posted until it is filled.