FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 13, 2023
Syilx (Okanagan)/Kelowna, B.C. – The Retail Cannabis Council of BC (RCCBC) and BC Craft Farmers Co-op (BCCFC) have released the full agenda for the second annual BC Cannabis Summit scheduled for April 21-23, 2023 on the traditional and unceded territory of Syilx Okanagan People in Kelowna, B.C.
RCCBC and BCCFC announced earlier this month the agenda for days one and two, which included a keynote lunch address from B.C. Deputy Premier, Hon. Mike Farnworth on April 22, and a panel on BC cannabis tourism and economic development opportunities on April 21 with leaders from the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada and the Canadian Cannabis Tourism Alliance.
Today’s announcement confirms:
- Day three agenda features two popular 2022 panels: Leadership Panel – Women in Cannabis and a Fireside Chat with Indigenous Leaders.
- Day two agenda features a leadership panel on the state of BC’s cannabis industry, including a special presentation from Community Savings Credit Union CEO Mike Schilling.
- Day two agenda features an opening address on the state of BC’s cannabis industry from RCCBC Executive Director Jaclynn Pehota, and All Nations Mestiyexw CEO, Darwin Douglas
Plans are being finalized for a special session with Health Canada officials on Sunday, April 23. The day three Summit themes are health, wellness and inclusion. Additional speakers and panellists will be published on the Summit website over the coming days.
Since the 2023 Summit was launched earlier this year, BCCFC and RCCBC have announced All Nations Mestiyexw as this year’s title partner. The Weed Pool Cannabis Cooperative was also confirmed as the returning lead partner from 2022.
The full agenda and registration information are available at bccannabissummit.ca. The official event app will be published on Monday, April 17 for attendees to network and learn more about the activities leading up to the event. An announcement including a link to download the app will be available to attendees on April 17.
BC Cannabis Summit: email@example.com
Sunday, April 23
Theme: Health, Wellness and Inclusion
8:00 am: Summit Registration and Trade Show Opens @ Manteo Lakeside Ballroom
8:30 am: Opening Presentations @ Eldorado Hotel
9:00 am: Health Canada Panel
10:00 am: Leadership Panel – Women in Cannabis @ Eldorado Hotel, Grand Room
- Host: Jaclynn Pehota, Executive Director, Retail Cannabis Council of BC
11:30 am: Fireside Chat with BC Indigenous Leaders @ Eldorado Grand Room
- Host: Greg Hopf, Moccasin Trails
1:00 pm: Summit Closing Ceremony @ Manteo Lakeside Ballroom and Patio
- Media Availability